Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Hazrat Anas ibn Malik (Radhiyallahi 'anhu) reported that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: “Take the morning meal (Suhoor), for verily, there is blessing in the morning meal.”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari | Sahih Muslim]
Hazrat Ibn Umar (Radhiyallahu 'anhu) related that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: ‘Verily Allah and His Malaa’ikah (Angels) send Mercy upon those who eat ‘Suhoor’.
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: “Verily that which separates (i.e. distinguishes) between our fast and the fasting of the People of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) is the eating before dawn (Suhoor).”
Ibn Hajar (Rahmatullahi 'alayh) has mentioned different reasons for taking Suhoor and drawing its blessings:
· It is a Sunnah
· Through Suhoor, we differentiate ourselves from the ways of Ahlul-Kitaab, which we are at all times commanded to do.
· It provides strength for worshiping Allah Ta’ala.
· It promotes greater sincerity in Ibaadah (worship)
· It aids in eliminating bad temper, which sometimes surfaces due to hunger.
· The time of Suhoor is a time when prayers are accepted.
· At the time of Suhoor, one gets the opportunity to remember Allah Ta’ala, engage is Zikr and lift up the hands in supplication.