1. Immediately upon awakening rub the face and the eyes with both palms in order to remove the effects of sleep.
2. When the eyes open in the morning recite the Dua:
3. When awakening from sleep, clean the mouth with a Miswaak.
[Musnad Ahmad, Abu Dawood]
The use of the Miswaak should be repeated when making Wudhu. Using Miswaak upon awakening is a separate Sunnah.
4. When wearing one’s trousers, first put on the right leg, then the left one. When putting on a Kurta or shirt, first put on the right sleeve and then the left one. The same procedure should be followed when wearing a vest. When wearing a shoe, first put on the right shoe. When removing any garment or shoe, first remove the left, then the right. This is the Sunnah method when removing any garment from the body.
[Bukhari – Tirmidhi]
5. Before immersing the hands into any utensils, wash them thrice thoroughly.
From "BEAUTIFUL SUNNATS OF THE BELOVED
NABI (SALLALLAAHU 'ALAYHI WASALLAM)
By Hadhrat Moulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb
Download the book here